all for Jesus ...

"What about you? What precious perfume is locked inside your heart that could be lavished on our Lord? The little treasures you and I struggle to hold on to may hold back opportunities to worship Him with extravagant praise, releasing ministry and service to Him that will bless all those around us." Angela Munizzi

Friday, September 10, 2010

weekly gem #5

"yesterday is gone. tomorrow has not yet come. we have only today. let us begin." Mother Teresa

my weekly gem comes from God's continual reminder that i must choose to follow Him today and, as stated by mother teresa, for me to begin. while God calls me to choose each day whom i will serve, He also is looking for the results of that choice - which is shown in my actions. it's easy to say, "i choose You, Lord." but too often my lifestyle says, "i choose me."

i've been reading deuteronomy 11, which you can read here. this chapter talks about the rewards  of obedience. verse 8 especially hit home, which says, "you shall therefore keep every commandment which I am commanding you today, so that you may be strong and go in and possess the land into which you are about to cross to possess it."

God has made promises to me. there are lands that i need to cross into and possess. there are those predestined appointments that i have with others who need to know the love of Jesus. but if i'm not always paying attention to what God is asking of me, i may miss out on what the Spirit is doing. what a waste!

so God, help me to be looking out for Your, to choose Your will, and act upon it. help me not to be distracted by yesterday, tomorrow, or anything that steers me away from you today. let me begin ...

No comments:

Post a Comment